First time visitors on Tuesdays get into the dance for free. Free St Louis swing dance lessons before each Tuesday dance. Free soda and popcorn. Jefferson County swing dance club dances at biweekly Tuesday dances to both imperial swing and west coast swing.
Jefferson County Swing Dance Club
2nd & 4th TUESDAY DANCES IN ARNOLD, MO
FIRST TIME VISITORS ARE FREE -FREE LESSONS
WEST COAST SWING,2nd Tuesday with REBELS
Friday: Moolah Shrine Swing Dance Club
Class Sat: West County Swing Dance Club, WCSDC
Sundays: Southside Imperial Dance Club
MIDWEST SWING DANCE FEDERATION SCHEDULE (includes West County Swing Dance Club, WCSDC) ⇒ ALL CLUBS
⇓ BE AT SEPT 29 SUNDAY DANCE AT CONCORD FARMERS CLUB ⇓
SWING DANCE at CONCORD FARMERS’ CLUB
By JEFFERSON COUNTY SWING DANCE CLUB
Sunday September 29, 2019
Music by DJ LARRY BRAY
From Bridgeton’s SPORTS CAFE
$10.00 admission at door
Doors open 4:30, dancing 5 – 9 pm
Cash bar – No outside liquor or beverages
but outside snacks are permitted
10140 Concord School Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63128
3,000 Sq.Ft. Wood Dance Floor
Dance Flyer ⇒ DANCE SEPT 29, 2019
DJ Lisa Gendron on 2nd Tuesday and DJ Willie Braswell on 4th Tuesday of each month.
JOINT DANCE WITH REBELS – west coast swing – 2nd Tuesday
JEFFERSON COUNTY SWING DANCE CLUB DATES
|Aug||13||27||Aug 27 – Rebels West Coast Swing Members attending|
|24||Sept 29 – Sunday dance at Concord Farmers Club
Sept 24 – Anniversary Dance. Club provides Subway Sandwiches and cake for dessert. Members are asked to bring a side dish to go with the club sandwiches. (Example: chips or nachos)
|Oct||22||Oct 8 no dance|
⇓ SUBSCRIBE TO THE BI-WEEKLY CLUB NEWS EMAIL BELOW ⇓
JOINT DANCE WITH REBELS CLUB (WEST COAST SWING)- 2ND TUESDAY OF EACH MONTH
First time visitors on Tuesdays get into the dance for free. Free St Louis swing dance lessons before each Tuesday dance. Free soda and popcorn.
- Our Jefferson County swing dance club in Arnold, MO is the place for swing dancing St Louis for any age, any gender; single or married. We do both line dances and couples’ dances.
- We meet on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of every month in Jefferson County at the Arnold VFW Hall at 2301 Church Road, Arnold, MO 63010. The rear building entrance leads directly to the dance hall.
- Visitors are welcome. You do not need to be a club member. It is not necessary to have a partner, we have many members who are available to dance with you. Our dance club also does line dances (Electric Slide, Cupid Shuffle, etc.)
- Free swing dance lessons St Louis are 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. (see our beginner videos). If you can do 2 triple steps and a rock step, then you can get out on the dance floor immediately.
- Open dancing is 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Admission is $5 for JCSDC and sister swing club members and $7 for non-members. Members admitted free on their birthday.
- We are a non-profit organization located in Arnold, Mo. Our club does Imperial Swing Dancing and also West Coast Swing Dances. Sometimes we are called club imperial Arnold MO.
- Jefferson County Dance flyer and DJs schedule (quarterly flyer) (click here) PDF file ⇒ 3rdqtr2019 dance flyer
- Jefferson County Dance Club newsletter ⇒ JCNLP1a 3rd quarter newsletter
- Visit our membership page for information on becoming a member of J.C.S.D.C. ⇒ Membership
Moolah Shrine swing dance club – Dances every Friday night, with live bands on 2 of those Friday nights. Moolah
St Louis Imperial Dance Club – On Wednesday nights at Sports Cafe
WEST COUNTY SWING DANCE CLUB – WCSDC
Dances every Tuesday at the Moolah Shrine Center, 12545 Fee Fee Rd. St Louis, MO 63146
WEST COUNTY SWING DANCE CLUB (WCSDC) MEETS MONTHLY, USUALLY ON A SATURDAY IN KIRKWOOD, MO – St. Louis Dance Clubs
West County Swing Dance Club WCSDC – Dance Lessons
- West County Swing Dance Club has 4 levels of swing dance lessons every Tuesday
- Each 1 hour lesson is: $3.00 for sister club members, $5.00 for guests
West County Swing Dance Club – WCSDC
- Has a dance lesson workshop on Saturday mornings at Kirkwood community center.
- 2 hour workshop 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
FREE to WCSDC members
$3.00 for sister club members
$5.00 for guests
MIDWEST SWING DANCE FEDERATION – SWING DANCING ST LOUIS
- The federation sponsors annual Caribbean Cruise, Picnic, and Rolling on the River
Moolah Shrine swing dance club – Dances every Friday at the Moolah Shrine Center, 12545 Fee Fee Rd. St Louis, MO 63146
Southside Imperial Dance Club has a brand new great looking website ⇒ https://southsideimperialdanceclub.wordpress.com
SouthSide Imperial Dance Club is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and promotion of Imperial Swing Dancing, Missouri area.
Southside Imperial Dance Club
Destination Swing meets at the Affton Elks Lodge, 6330 Heege Road, St. Louis, MO 63123
WEST COAST SWING DANCE CLUBS – Destination Swing on 2 Saturday nights per month. Dance from 8 pm- midnight. Non-members $10.
DANCE LESSONS ST LOUIS
Most St Louis swing dance clubs provide free or low cost swing dance lessons before their dances including our Jefferson County Swing Dance Club. West County Swing Dance Club charges $3 for members and $5 for guests for each swing dance lesson.
MIDWEST SWING DANCE FEDERATION – SWING DANCING ST LOUIS
The Midwest Swing Dance Federation has 11 dance clubs, mostly in the St Louis, MO area (St. Louis dance clubs). See “sister clubs” menu for links. Most clubs use the east coast styling of dance (unless stated differently below).
- Jefferson County swing dance club – Arnold, MO (St. Louis dance clubs)
- Destination swing dance club (west coast swing St Louis)
- Jefferson City Swing Dance Club, Jefferson City, MO (imperial swing – east coast swing)
- Lake Of The Ozarks Swing Dance Club, Lake Ozark, MO (imperial swing – east coast swing)
- Moolah Shrine swing dance club (St. Louis dance clubs) (imperial swing – east coast swing)
- Midwest United States Imperial Swing Dance Club, Collinsville, IL (St. Louis dance clubs) (imperial swing – east coast swing)
- Southside Imperial Dance Club, St Louis, MO (St. Louis dance clubs )(imperial swing – east coast swing)
- St Charles Imperial Dance Club, St Peters, MO (St. Louis dance clubs) (imperial swing – east coast swing)
- Rebels dance club (west coast swing St Louis)
- West County Swing Dance Club, St Louis, MO St. Louis dance clubs
- St Louis Imperial Dance Club, St. Ann, MO (St. Louis Area) – slidc.org/
WEST COAST SWING ST LOUIS
1. There are 2 west coast clubs, Destination Swing and also the Rebels.
2. Destination swing has west coast swing dance lessons from 7 – 8 pm before their Saturday dances.
a. Free Level 1: Beginner lesson
You’ll be introduced to the basics of partner dancing, learn some fun patterns, and have time for Q&A.
b. Level 2: Fundamentals (non-members $5)
You’ll learn some new patterns, and gain more knowledge about connection, body-flight, and motion.
3. Level 3: Intermediate
Intermediate West Coast Swing patterns, musicality, stylization, and technique.
MOOLAH SHRINE SWING DANCE CLUB -Dances Friday nights at the Moolah Shrine Center, Maryland Heights, MO 63146
- In the St Louis, MO, Imperial Swing Dance is the most common type of swing dance. Imperial swing dance is a combination of east coast swing dance and west coast swing dance. Imperial swing dance is considered to be an east coast swing dance style because the footwork is the same as east coast swing. However the NATIONAL FAST DANCE ASSOCIATION states that St. Louis Imperial Swing is an off-shoot of West Coast Swing Dance, not East Coast Swing Dance.
- St. Louis Imperial Swing Dance is halfway between east coast swing dance and west coast swing dance. It uses the east coast swing dance footwork and faster tempo, but uses the west coast swing dance slot pattern with west coast swing dance turns.
- A non-dancer cannot tell the difference between a west coast swing basic move and an east coast swing sugar push move. Those two swing dance moves will look the same. But to the dancers, there is a huge difference.
- The Midwest Swing Dance Federation has 9 dance clubs, mostly in the St Louis, MO area. Most of these St. Louis dance clubs use the east coast imperial style. Everyone is welcome at any of the St Louis swing dance clubs. You do not need to be a club member. Each St Louis swing dance club offers free or nominal cost dance lessons for beginners the hour before their dance starts. These dance lessons are group lessons, where you rotate partners to be sure that everyone learns the lesson equally well. Partners are not needed for the dance lessons. Each club has its own website that lists the dates of their dances.
Hall with independent swing dancing St Louis dates – Concord Farmers Club (sometimes called Concord Hall)
East Coast Vs. West Coast Swing: What’s the Difference?
- Imperial swing dance and west coast swing dance are similar but distinct dances.
- When people see that we teach both East and West Coast Swing at the Jefferson County Swing Dance Club, their first reaction is often, “What’s the difference?” Because a lot a beginning dancers assume that “swing dancing” in itself is a singular dance style, they don’t realize that there is more than one type.
- West Coast Swing is generally seen as a slower, more formal swing style than East Coast, although they are both fun dances. Unlike the circular patterns of East Coast Swing, West Coast dancers often staying within a specific rectangular slot on the dance floor, moving in an up and down section.
- The East Coast style dance is made up of two triple steps and a two step (rock step).
- The West Coast style dance is made up of two walking steps and two triple steps.
Variations of Dancing in the United States. Many of these are regional variations.
- East Coast Swing – is a simpler 6-count variation that spawned from the six-count variations of the Lindy Hop. It evolved with swing-band music of the 1940s and the work of the Arthur Murray dance studios in the 1940s. It is also known as Six-count Swing, Triple-Step Swing, or Single-Time Swing. East Coast Swing has very simple structure and footwork along with basic moves and styling. It is popular for its simple nature and is often danced to slow, medium, or fast tempo jazz, blues, or rock and roll.
- West Coast Swing – was developed in the 1940s, as a stylistic variation on the Los Angeles style of the Lindy Hop. It is a slotted dance and is done to a wide variety of music including: blues, rock and roll, country western, pop, hip hop, smooth, cool jazz, R& B, and funk music. It is popular throughout the United States and Canada but was uncommon in Europe and much of Asia until the 21st Century.
- Carolina Shag – was danced along the strands between Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and Wilmington, North Carolina, during the 1940s but, during the 1990s and later, has expanded to many other places. It is most often associated with beach music, which refers to songs that are rhythm-and-blues-based.
- Imperial Swing – is a cross between East Coast and West Coast Swing as it is done both in slot and in the round. It started at the Club Imperial in St Louis.
ABA CLUBS (American Bop Association) – East coast
- Atlanta Swing Dancers, Atlanta, GA – atlantaswingdancers.com
- Chicago Jitterbug Club, Chicago, IL – chicagojitterbugclub.com
- Chicago’s Windy City Jitterbug Club, Chicago, IL – jitterbugchicago.com
- Choo Choo Shag Club, Chattanooga, TN – choochooshagclub.com
- Cincinnati Bop Club, Cincinnati, OH – cincibop.com
- Corvette City Bop Club, Bowling Green, KY – corvettecitybopanddanceclub.com
- Derby City Bop Association, Louisville, KY – derbycitybop.com
- Evansville River City Bop Club, Evansville, IN – ercbopclub.com
- Indy Dancers, Indianapolis, In – indydancers.com
- Great Lakes Club, Burton, MI – glsdc.org
- Jefferson City Swing Dance Club, Jefferson City, MO – jeffersoncityswingdanceclub.wildapricot.org
- Lake Of The Ozarks Swing Dance Club, Lake Ozark, MO – lakeozarksswingdance.com
- LEXDANCE, Lexington, KY – facebook.com/lexdanceky
- Little Rock Bop Club, North Little Rock, AR – littlerockbopclub.com
- Memphis Bop Club, Memphis, TN – thememphisbopclub.com
- Mid-Ohio Boogie Club, New Albany, OH – midohioboogieclub.org
- Magic City Boppers, Birmingham, AL – magiccityboppers.wixsite.com/magiccityboppers
- Midwest United States Imperial Club, Collinsville, IL (St Louis area)- musicswingdance.com
- Moolah Swing Dance Club, St. Louis, MO – mssdc.org
- Music City Bop Club, Goodlettsville, TN (Nashville Area) – musiccitybopclub.com/
- Ohio’s North Coast Jitterbug Connection, Cuyahoga, OH – oncjc.org
- STL Rebels, West Coast Swing, St. Louis – stlrebels.com/
- R & B Shag Club of Spartanburg, Spartanburg, SC – rbshagclub.org
- Shag Atlanta, Roswell, GA (Atlanta Area) – shagatlanta.com
- Smoky Mountain Shaggers, Knoxville, TN – smokymountainshaggers.com/
- Southside Imperial Dance Club, St. Louis, MO – southsidedance.org
- Spa City Bop, Hot Springs, AR – spacitydanceclub.com/welcome—main-menu.html
- St Charles Imperial Dance Club, St. Peters, MO (St. Louis Area) – scidc.com/
- St Louis Imperial Dance Club, St. Ann, MO (St. Louis Area) – slidc.org/
- Steel City Boogie Club, Pittsburgh, PA – steelcityboogieclub.org/
- Tampa Bay Beach Boppers, Tampa Bay, FL – tampabaybeachboppers.com/
- Top Of Kentucky Boogie Club, Fort Mitchell, KY – topofky.com/
- West County Swing Dance Club, Manchester, MO (St. Louis Area) – wcsdc.com/